Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Church Sign Double Takes

As I was driving home today from my parents a few church sign just made me shake my head. So, for your enjoyment and contemplation I thought I would share them with you.

"Daily prayers will diminish your cares!" -- Yes, I always feel better after talking to my invisible friends!

"God gives every bird its food but he does not throw it into its nest"-- When God is done playing hide-and-seek with bird food do you think that he will have time to play peek-a-boo with us?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think church signs are fun. I think the most cleverist one I've seen is: "Sign broken, come inside for message."

Karla said...

I've seen some crazy church signs. I'm sorry people post such things up on their signs like someone driving by and reading it -- is just going to believe what it says. It insults the intellegence of people. My husband, who is a pastor, dislikes these signs as much as you do.

DB said...

My favorite was "Read the Bible, it will scare the hell out of you."

I like the signs too. They make for great mass emails from friends and great website fodder.