Sunday, November 2, 2008

Which one shall I choose?

There are so many gods that have been worshiped and are currently being worshiped. This is one of the many reasons that I am an atheist. I am not going to go into a long discussion about exactly why this poses a problem to religion for two reasons. First, I think that it is common sense if there is more than one god claiming to be the one true god at least one is mistaken. Multiply that by several thousand and you have the history of religions. Second it has been covered by several other great bloggers and writers. One such blogger was my husbands, Kevin DeGraaf, with his post The Problem of Plurality. Also this article from About: Agnosticism/Atheism.

I wrote this post to hopefully get the logic wheels turning in any religious person that may run across this page. Religious people often wonder why any person would reject their beloved god, well this my friend is one reason among many.