Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Goals

This is the first year that I am completely out as an Atheist and I am not going to hide anymore. For the last year or so I have just kept my mouth closed when the topic of religion has come up in conversations. Also, when situations made me uncomfortable I kept quiet and in doing that I have given religion the respect that it doesn't deserve. It is time to stand up for what I believe and tell people that they don't have the right to trample over my freedoms because of their beliefs.

Another goal that I have set for myself is to read a lot more. My husband and I have a bookshelf that is filled with books that I would love to read but I just haven't taken the time to do so. Most of the books are about atheism and would really help we when writing blog posts and when debating Christians. There are also books on evolution, which is a subject that I know very little about and really wish that I knew more.

If anyone would like to share their goals for this new year I would love to know them. Happy new years everyone!