Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Cat



We adopted another cat from the Humane Society. This time it was a 1 year old female and we named her Phoenix (thanks to dreid for the name suggestion). She is very playful and her and Apollo are getting along great. I know that isn't the greatest picture, but she will barely sit still for a moment. We now have 3 cats which I am being told by my husband that means I am on the border of becoming "the crazy cat lady". I don't really mind the title, but we are going to be giving Gemini to my brother-in-law because when we took her there on vacation she seemed to really like being the only cat in the place. It will be sad to see her go, but I know that she will be happier.

Now for a bit of advertisement for the Humane Society. If you are ever looking for a new pet go to the humane society. Depending on your location they may have more than just cats and dogs so keep that in mind if you are in the mood for a more exotic pet. Now more than ever the shelters need your help. Most of them are over populated because of the economy which just puts more stress on the animals. So please if you can afford to take in just one animal do it, every single animal deserves to have a home.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]