Sunday, February 13, 2011

Atheist In Good Times and Bad!

Atheist BusImage by LeoLondon via Flickr

When I saw this cartoon I remembered how I used to pray that God would bring trials to the lives of those that didn't believe in Him. So, they would lean on Him and realize how powerful He is. Now I am very happy that their lives didn't get worse because of my prayers. I can't believe that I used to think that trials would make anyone become a Christian.

As an atheist I would never turn to a deity during a tough time. Instead, I am going to do things that are going to solve the problem. Praying or going to church would be a waste of time. Nor would I give my hard earned money to a church in hope of getting help from a god.

If you are a Christian and think that tough times will make an atheist turn to your deity think about what you are saying. You think that your god, who is all powerful and all knowing, needs to bully nonbelievers into believing in him. If a human acted like that we would call him a psycho. Why can't he sit on the couch with me and answer my questions? If that was to happen, after I asked lots of questions and performed tests to make sure I wasn't hallucinating, I would consider believing in him.